Recycling in the City of Newnan and Coweta County.

City of Newnan residents that have GFL trash service and live inside city limits can request a free recycling bin. 


The following items can be put in your curbside recycling bin:

  • Cardboard and Mixed paper

  • Aluminum Cans 

  • Plastic Jugs, Jars, and bottles

All items must be dry and free from food waste.

The following items can not be put in your curbside recycling bin:

  • Electronics

  • Glass

  • House Hazardous Waste, such as lightbulbs or batteries

Please hold on to these items for the next recycling event or email us at to find a location near you where you can recycle these items. 

Glass can not go in your curbside bin. It can be recycled at the Coweta County Compactor sites.

You can find a list of locations and hours of operation here.

More information on where to recycle or properly dispose of Houseold Hazardous Waste. Click HERE