6 First Avenue
Newnan, Georgia 30263
Welcome to Keep Newnan Beautiful!
Keep Newnan Beautiful's mission is to educate, motivate and empower the individuals of Newnan, Georgia, to take greater responsibility for improving our local community environment through litter prevention, beautification, and waste reduction.
Keep Newnan Beautiful (KNB) is an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful and a local affiliate of Keep Georgia Beautiful. We are a non-profit organization that is working to inspire and educate individuals and our community towards greater environmental stewardship.
KNB 2014 Board Members: Tom Barron, Jack Homer, Connie Posey, Pamela Prange, Joan Crawford, Wendi Oldham, Leah Sumner, Michael Strickland, Tom Lukens, Jolene Robichaux and Matthew Bailey
To see our 2014 Goals and Objectives:
DID YOU KNOW?
In August 2014 the City of Newnan had 9047 active sanitation customers of which 3351 participated in recycling. 836.78 tons of mixed solid waste and 83.31 tons of recyclables were collected during the month of August.
Have a friend or neighbor in the city who doesn't recycle? Curbside is easy!
For more information click on the Recycling tab at the top of the page!
Unsure of the City's litter ordinance?
Water Quality Information
You may know it simply as a small creek running through the backyard. It may not consistently flow with water or even have a name, but headwater streams are where all of our nation’s iconic rivers begin.
A new graphic from the Environmental Protection Agency demonstrates just how reliant many of us are on them for some or all of our drinking water. Across the country, approximately 117 million Americans rely on small headwater streams at least in part for their drinking water supply.
Have questions about your local water quality? For more information:
City of Newnan's
Mosquito Management Program
To review our 2014 Mosquito Management Program
KNB now offers Litter Free Event opportunities and information for schools! Interested?
Back to School Supplies - Know Your Options
- Biodegradable pencils & pens - look for those that are made from corn-based renewable materials.
- Soybean crayons -Look for non-toxic crayons made from soybean oil.
- Potato starch glue - Solvent free glue - a great option for those still putting unwashed hands in their mouths.
- Bamboo ruler - a ruler made from sustainable bamboo, not plastic.
- Recycled scissors - Scissors with handles made from recycled plastic.
- Recycled paper notebooks - Notebooks made from 100% recycled paper.
- Biodegradable highlighters - Highlighters made from non-toxic biodegradable materials.